Esfand Y. Nafisi
Esfand Nafisi worked for several years at a corporate defense firm before joining the plaintiffs' bar. As an advocate for consumers and others impacted by corporate misconduct, Esfand's practice focuses on class actions for defective products, data breaches, anticompetitive conduct, and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Notable Cases Include:
- Represented consumers in case related to MacBook Pro GPU defects
- Represented consumers in case against Motorola related to deficient warranty service
- Represented dozens of individuals in consolidated personal injury action against Mario Badescu Skincare, Inc.
- Represented company in antitrust litigation that settled at trial for $125 million
- Represented federal government employees and applicants in data breach case against the U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- Developed case against HP Inc. related to anticompetitive printer software update that disabled printers using non-HP ink cartridges
- Represented consumers in case against NVIDIA, Inc. related to misrepresentations concerning performance of graphics cards
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. 2009
- George Mason University, B.S., 2006
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Daubert and its Discontents 76 BROOK. L. REV. 131 (2010) (co-authored)
- Developing Case Theory in Complex Litigations, New York (2011)
- Of Wheat and Chaff: Predictive Coding in Federal Biomet Case, 159 Chicago Daily Law Bulletin 101 (May 22, 2013)